Saturday, January 14, 2012

~Happy Birthday Kaitlyn~ 01/07/2012

Hello there my blog readers (if you still exist) It seems I have greatly neglected my blog despite my earlier commitment to get caught up from 2011 before 2012 arrived. It seemed like once October got here life was just whirlwind of activities, and things, like this blog and my other one got neglected. Now that it's January and these 1st three months always seem to drag, I will try again to blog at least once a week. I am not making any promises but keep checking because you never know when a new post may show up.

So here is my 1st actual post of 2012 (since posting Happy New year doesn't really count)


On January 7th my little Katie-bug turned 11. It is so hard to beleive that she could be possibly be 11 already. I am not sure (as everyone says) where the time goes any more. But alas it is true she is 11. So we did the birthday thing, and by that, I mean Jared and I went to her house and watched her open presents and had brownies and ice cream. We also got a chance to visit with family. More on that later.

I had to work that particular day and when I got home there was plenty to in preparation for her party :) Jared really helped out by buying, and wrapping her present. I like when Jared does the present buying because then I don't really have to worry about it and he is super amazing at picking out just the right thing that is sure to be a hit (WIN, Win for me)


After he wrapped it, all I had to do was find some ribbon to make it more presentable. I kind of lucked out since I had saved the ribbon off of a present I got for Christmas, all I had to do was wrap it around the box and Viola'


Of course I had to make her card, there was no way I could got out and just pluck one off the shelf and call it good. I can't remember the last time that I bought a card at the store, since I started making my own. I have a lot more control over what the card will look like and I have been told that I make pretty good cards anyway and they are always well received.


and so we arrived at the Birthday girls house to visit and wait for all the other well wishers to arrive, We got a chance to spend some time with some pretty great people. Do you see the stranger in the middle, the one with the laptop? He looks oddly familiar doesn't he? Well can you believe it is Gage fresh off his mission and ready to take on the world. He got back about as week before Kaitlyn's birthday and she was so excited because that meant he had only missed one of her birthdays and not two like everyone else's. We are super glad he is back.


Here the birthday girls is with one her favorite people Uncle Jared. He doesn't look so thrilled here but I think that is more his exhaustion setting in. He has been working super long hours which is great for us but I know it takes a toll on him.


Everyone has arrived and Kaitlyn is waiting to open presents.


Ready, set go!




Money from her Grand Parents. 11 dollars to be exact. She was over the moon.


A gift card from her other grandma. She witnessed how fun it was for Cheyenne to spend all the gift cards she got for Christmas and that was all she wanted.


Reading the card I made.


See her face? She was thrilled with this present too. Jared did it again.


Secretly I was wishing this was mine. I love this cute Little Pet shop play set. This one was adorable and so fitting because it was a little photography studio.


Blowing out the candles.



I would say her birthday was a success and she was the happiest birthday girl ever.


Happy Birthday Kaitlyn. Jared and I do love you and can't wait to see what changes this year has in store for you.

No comments: