Saturday, March 8, 2008

Captain Underpants


Jared and I decided this weekend we needed some adventure in our lives because my blog has been a little boring lately. What better way to acheive this than by taking Brian and Kollette's three adorable children for a 24 period, thus relieving them of their parenting duties, and once again proving that we should not be entrusted to care for impression-ably young children. How the following scenario played out is a bit foggy to me, however we found ourselves in our truck with a package of Eryk's newly purchased King Kong under pants, and a litle extra time on our hands. I am sure it went something like this. Hey Cammie look at me, I hear from the back seat of our truck. I turn around to see Eryk with his under pants on his head. Every one laughs hysterically cause we think he is funny and thankfully I had my camera with me. I just have to take a picture so that in his dating years I have some sort of blackmail material. (Gage just doesn't know how lucky he is that it doesn't live close enough for me to pull out all my blackmail pictures of him doing silly things.)

Then I look over at Cheyenne and see her pig tails and think how funny it would be to see her put the under wear on her head with the pig tails sticking out. So I say to her, I'll give you a quarter if you put them on your head (I knew this would work cause what kid doesn't like money). Sure enough it worked liked charm and on went the under pants and out came the pig tails. Not too bad really, you could hardly tell they were under pants. Looked like some new fangled head wear. Getting a picture was easy as well as these innocent kids have been trained from birth to love the camera, and naively believe that Aunt Cammie would never want to embarrass them in anyway. I think later when I mentioned the word "blog" she regretted her decison and begged both me and her mom not to post the picture.

Now remember we had all of the kids with us strapped safely in the back seat of the truck and it is a case of Monkey see monkey do so of course Kaitllyn had to have her turn with the underpants on her head and who I am I to deny any child that right.

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

That is hilarious! You never know what they'll do with what they have available! Cute story!

Littletime said...

What a riot, I love those kids they are so cute and sweet. I am sure you and Jared had a great time with them and they had a great time with you. What a nice thing to do for Kolette and Brian sometimes we just need a break...

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute, I bet your the best babysitters! You can always tell by the kids reactions whether or not the "sitter" did a good job and i bet they LOVE it when you and Jared tend them! I'm glad that you had your camera to capture the perfect moment!

Hacking it up said...

Ahhhhh! Blackmail! Awesome pictures! looks like you guys all had a great time!! That was so nice of you to give Collettte and Brian a break!
I was just on "Vacation" with my kids for a week...now I need a break....