Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Gingerbread time!

I started this tradition with the kids a few years back. I can't recall exactly which year but it's been a few. It started with just the two girls but as Eryk got older I started to include him. Every year during our after Thanksgiving shopping trip I buy the kids Gingerbread house kits and then some nigth before Christmas the kids come over and decorate them. I have learned from past mistakes it is easier for mt to assemble the houses a few day before their arrival. Then this year, quite by accident, I discovered that you can buy them already assembled. Each kit comes with all the candies the powder to make the "Royal Icing" and an icing bag and tip. It is much cheaper to do it this way than to actually buy candy and make the Gingerbread yourself and it saves ones sanity. I really think the kids enjoy it and I enjoy having them here and getting a chance to get to know them a little better, plus I like taking pictures :)
Eryk thinks that decorating is serious business
Kaitlyn really got into it as well

Cheyenne making icicles

Concentration
Eryk is really enjoying himself
A wreath for the door
Mmm.. this frosting is good
Showing off his finished product
Cheyenne's proudly display her finished project
Kaitlyn's masterpeice




After we got the mess cleaned up and the kids had dinner we watched Christmas shows until Kollette came to pick them up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love christmas traditions! And looking at this post I just realized we totally forgot to make gingerbread houses this year!!! :( oops!! we were just so busy but maybe next year!