Monday, November 2, 2009

Creeper train gets really creepy for Halloween


Provo Canyon » On a dark and eerie October eve, with a full moon reflecting off the Provo River, Heber D. Creeper greeted wary train riders as they prepared to board weathered 1920s vintage train cars for a ride from Vivian Park to who knows where.

Creeper, played by actor Gib Berry, sported wild eyes, pointed teeth and an evil grin. A narrator of sorts, he set the scene for our hour-long Halloween-themed train ride filled with ghosts, graveyards, werewolves and frightening sounds.
The Friday before Halloween Jared, my mom and I went up Provo canyon to ride the Heber Creeper. We did this once a few years back and had a lot of fun so we decided to do it again. Since Jared wasn't with me on Saturday when the family celebrated my birthday this was my Birthday activity.

Some spooky decorations. My camera does really well in the dark with no flash

Hot Chocolate, Cider and Hot dogs were sold

More Creepiness waiting to board the train



See tickets!

Heber D. Creeper

My mom wasn't too fond of him and he chased her around me for a quite a while

As it got darker it got colder, Brr......

We chose to sit in the open car and brought blankets. We were the only ones back there and it was nice.

Here are some spooks from one of the ghost stories that they were telling

She tried to steal my camera


The ghost train robbers. They hung out with us for awhile

Until they heard a werewolf was on board and they took off. My mom called them chickens, I think she was a little scared as well

The cave man

Scary girl. She asked me to rock her baby and when I went to get it she got up in my face and yelled at me. I told her she was rude

The old witch and her dead cat.

The Bride

She yelled at me for being late for her wedding

The funniest part of the whole night I think was when my mom scared a bunch of people waiting in line. We were coming back into the station and she was wrapped in a blanket, it was all dark and creepy and she stretched her arms out while opening the blanket and screamed. Quite a few people jumped.
It really was a fun night. Jared and I went to McDonalds after wards and had dinner then it was home again home again
I LOVE HALLOWEEN AND THE FALL

2 comments:

Helen said...

That looks to creepy for me.I only like the fun things of Halloween.
Chocolate and more chocolate.

Bethany said...

That sounds like SO much fun. If we're ever in Utah, we'll have to go do that. I LOVE Halloween for those reasons. Happy Birthday to you!!! Great birthday activity.