I suppose today, or rather this holiday will be one of those days that I will always b reminded that my dad is no longer with us. This is the 3rd Father's Day since his passing and though you would think the 1st or the 2nd one would have been the hardest, to me this one feels the different than either of the two every did. The 1st Father's Day, at least for me, was so soon that the emotions from his passing were still there at the surface. The 2nd year I was still numb and the day really passed as if it were an ordinary day. This year as I look around there are evident signs that today is the day that one celebrates their dad. I found myself in the Father's Day section of our Local Hallmark store a few days ago. I am not sure why but there I was, amid people searching for just the right card to give the dad's in their lives, when it hit me that there was no reason for me to be there my heart sank and I was brought to the cold realization that I had no reason to buy card that day as there would be no one I could give it to. As I was leaving the store I remembered my Sunday Red Robin ritual. Where in Jared and I go to Red Robin for lunch and on the way out I grab a balloon. With balloon in hand I walk over to the fountain and after a moment or two of silence I release the balloon as if sending it to heaven. At that moment I decided that there was no reason instead of one balloon I couldn't release several with my Father's Day card attached. Sort of my way to give him something. I went back to the card section and found the perfect card and it goes:
Every daughter wants to be
just like her daddy.
Looking up to him for guidance
and protection,
and through the years
the memories
will always fill her heart
with great affection.
She'll be thankful for the lesson's
he had taught her
for the way he was her hero
and her friend
She'll be proud
that he was a man of strong convictions
and was someone
on who others could depend.
She'll look back on all the things
they did together
and they ways they shared such fun
and laughter too
Ans she'll know this precious bond they created
is a treasure that will last her lifetime through.
When somebody says
I remind them of you
it's a very proud moment for me
For the thins that made you
a wonderful dad
are3 the thing I would most want to be.
And I am hoping you know
that the memories shared
ans the lessons you taught me from the start
will always be with me wherever I go
for-like you-they'll be kept in my heart.
love you so much dad and miss you every day. I know that some day we will be together again and I await that sweet reunion.
Happy Father's day in Heaven!
And so with heavy heart and tears in my eyes I will buy how many every ballons are needed to lift my card to heaven and I will celebrate the wonderful man that will alway be my Dad.






No comments:
Post a Comment