We have a tradition in our family that started many years ago. We always had a puzzle out on Christmas eve that we had to finish and then we could unwrap a present that night. The puzzle always came out when we stared our Christmas break from school. I am sure it was away to keep us occupied and out of mom's hair. I do remember those cold Christmas days being all warm in the living room working on said puzzle, listening to Christmas records and the sounds of my mom cooking and baking in the kitchen. The smell of chocolate for the fudge and the apples from the pies. I remember neighbors and friends coming and going bringing gifts and good wishes for a Happy Holiday. I remember trudging in the snow to deliver gift and good wishes back to the neighbors. Sadly a lot has changed but it's the memories that will always keep us coming home at Christmas.
and of course the puzzle...........






No comments:
Post a Comment