Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas Decor

We decided to buy a new Christmas tree this year instead of using our old one. I gave our old one on Free cycle so someone else could put it to use.
This one has little LED lights as well as some bigger old fashioned LED lights. We also had to add another strand of regular lights to power my carousels. Needless to say it was very bright.

We had to get a new tree topper as well because our old angel didn't fit
Here is the top of our entertainment center with my Rudolph and co..
The stockings were hung on the wall since we don't have a chimney.
Some paper cut outs
Our Christmas card collection
Just one bookcase got decorated this year. I didn't even get out my clock shop or carousel this year. There just didn't seem to be enough time between Thanksgiving and Christmas and there doesn't seem to be enough room in the house for everything.
Our new inflatable decoration. I have wanted one for along time but never could decide on one. I wanted something that reflected the true meaning of the season, so I picked out this manger scene. Our neighbors loved it too as we got many compliments.

These little guys are my favorite Christmas Decoration of all. I call them Leon :) My dad made these for me many years ago. Actually I don't recall the exact year but I know we were living in our trailer in Santaquin so it was sometime between 1996 and 2004. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday. However I treasure them immensely as they bring back so many memories of my dad.

So I have almost got caught up will all my Christmas posts then I can go back to thing that happened last fall and maybe get caught up on current events.

No comments: