Sunday, February 20, 2011

~Beating the Winter blahs~

To those that really know me, it is no secret that I have always hated the month of January. It seems to be the bleakest most depressing month on the year. This year was no exception. It seemed that at least once a week someone close to me was loosing someone close to them. The there were other things going on with Jared's work and my work that added to darkness that is January. This year there was one bright spot. Last summer I joined the Cricut Circle. I am not certain if I have mentioned this in previous post (it has been on my list of catch up posts for sometime) You may wonder what the Cricut Circle is all about and I will do my best to explain. It is a large group of Cricut enthusiasts who pay an annual fee. We get an exclusive cartridges every 3 months and the opportunity to meet other enthusiasts in our area. To me that last benefit has been more valuable than gold. Especially during January. We planned a crop, and if you are not sure what that is, it where a group people get together to scrap/make cards and talk. We planned it for January specifically because we all knew how bleak the month really was. We went to a hotel in downtown Salt Lake and cropped and fun from 12 pm to 12 am. and it was a blast. We also toured a Chocolate Factory, went to eat at the Olive Garden and got lost in a parking garage. There are lots of pictures but I couldn't pick only a few to describe the day.
Tables were set up and lots of people brought their Cricuts
We had a challenge where we had to make three things with three specific items
I made three Valentines cards. The had to be for a man using pink and Tulle. It was quite a challenge but I think I got all the necessary ingredients in there. I did not win though, but it was fun.
Touring V-Chocolates
We left the hotel and all our stuff so that we could go tour the chocolate factory.

Mmmm. Chocolate
Chocolate Frogs
Chocolate covered caramels
Getting ready for Valentine's Day
Heart shaped Chocolates
Learning about how the process is done
More Chocolates. These are caramels with Sea Salt on top. So good!
Time for Dinner!
We kept the waiter pretty entertained the entire night.
Mmm... Food!
Back at the hotel, we had another Challenge. We were given plain wooden picture frames and we had a certain time to have them done. I quickly got my done then with the tour and dinner the time was extended so other were able to get some done
Mine is the bottom one with the pinwheel. The one above it with the sleeping baby is the one that won but I got a prize as well. A new Cricut Cartridge it was great.
Back to cropping, only a few hours left
Busy scrappers
Provo Craft brought door prizes
More crafting
More picture frames
Winners!
The end. It was such a fabulous night that we made plans to do it again in April. I can't wait. We are having a meet up at the Scrapbook Expo in March as well. This has been something outside of the normal for me. As I have always been a quiet stick to myself kind of person. I am loving every minute of it though with the exception of hauling my stuff around. I need to get me a good Cop in Style wheeled tote before the scrapbook show in March.

No comments: