Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summertime fishing

After not having fishing licences for over a year Jared and I decided to by them this year and we spent a lot of time fishing We really only fished in Utah Lake because it is so close and you can always find somewhere to cast out a line. We tried one day to go up American Fork Canyon but there were hundreds of people fishing there and Deer Creek was a just as bad. So I think we will stick to the lake. Rather than have several posts on different trips I decided to just combine all the picture into one post titles Summertime Fishing.

I got new pole this year. Not to say there was anything wrong with my old pole I got in Circleville a few years ago but this new pole is Pink and it lights up purple and green when you reel it in. I love it!



We spent a lot of time at Big 5 and Cabella's as well getting hooked up with fishing gear. Like these lighted bubbles so you can tell in the dark when you have a fish.


We fished in various spots along the lake, including the boat harbors.



Saratoga Springs boat harbor was a fast favorite as it is the closest and we could pop over after work. That was until the mosquitoes got so bad it was unbearable.









We found a nice spot along the shore near Goshen as well,and even took the dogs a time or two.



Chloe really enjoyed playing in the water, but Pixie wasn't at all interested in it



We tried to fish the river at a spot I had always wanted to fish at, but wasn't successful because it was ruining too fast so your line ended up in the bull rushes.





Night fishing in our spot near Goshen. It was so peaceful to watch the sun set and the waves roll in.












We even did a few trips with my sister Amy and her family. It was really nice to get to spend time with them and get to know them a little better.





Our last trip had a bit of excitement as we went to the Lindon boat harbor that had been closed for a while because of flooding. There was a huge wind storm that came through with 45-55 mile an hour winds that caused 8-10 foot waves to crash up on the dock. Amy and I walked against the wind to get as close as we could to fill the spray and were soaked instantly. It flooded out the boat dock so we had to move everything and it even tipped some boats tied to the dock over. I am super glad there were no boats out in the water at the time as it could have been tragic. I hope we can still get in a few more trips before the snow flies as I am not ready to give it up.

No comments: