Friday, April 18, 2008

Easter 2008

In honor of the nice spring like weather we are having right now I decided to post my Easer pictures. So they are about a month late but with Easter so early and every things else that has been going it just didn't feel like Easter. Out Easter tradition goes like this. Saturday morning we all gather at Grandma's (I know she is my mother but to the kids she is Grandma so it's easier to just call her that) From her house we go to her city's Easter egg hunt. This is something we have actually been doing since Kacey was about a year old (we figured about 19 years) of course some of the kids are too old now to actually hunt for eggs there but we all go anyway. We sort of divide up each taking a kid or two depending on the way the age groups are set up. I usually get lost with a kid somewhere so this year I went to the field where Cheyenne and Austin were along with Amy, Kollette, Kim and Kacey. I figured there is safety in number right? Wrong some how yet again I got separate among the hundreds of people that were there. Luckily I managed to find every one again. So we all meet up and go through the eggs to see if there are many major prizes one. After we have gathered the kids back up again it is off to Grandma's to color eggs. With all the kids around the table and cups and cups full of dye you thing chaos would ensue. But order is maintained and each kid and Adult colors 6 eggs. Then it's time to clean up and of course at this time all the kids have disappeared to where ever. Once the mess is cleaned up it's outside to the back yard to find and egg to turn for a prize. The everyone plays with their toys and goodies that Grandma Bunny has placed in sack. After all this chaos it is time for Easter lunch. Which alway delicious and appreciated. My mom is wonderful and very adaptable when extra kids show up. She always has something for every one. She is amazing and I know her grandkids love her and Grandpa very much. There kids think they are great too! All the pictures are in the post below. I was trying not to make this so long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great Easter, I love it when there is a tradition that everyone can share in and continue making new memories! I had no idea that there were so many grandkids in your family...their all beautiful!