Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday!

So here is the 1st of August and I am still trying to catch up from July. My goal is to do that this weekend. On the 13th July we gathered as family to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. The st birthday since his passing. I figured it was going to be a hard for all of us so we might as well be together to help ease the pain

The theme we went with was a Luau and that was for sentimental reasons. One night while my dad was in the hospital I called to talk to him. He was being is usually witty self and we were going back and forth about Hula Girls in grass skirts. Knowing that his 70th birthday was approaching I decided to plan a party for him. Looking back I wish we wouldn't have waited but unfortunately he never recovered enough for a party and After he passed away I knew that we still needed to celebrate to help us heal.


We shared a few tears




And a lot of laughter



Even the dogs enjoyed the day

After eating a lunch of Sloppy Joe's chips and cupcakes we all walked over to the cemetery and spent some there.

The absence of my dad and his quick wit was definitely noticed. He will always be my hero an I love and miss very much. Happy birthday to a great man, though it has been tough we are learning how to adapt. I Love You DAD!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

That is so wonderful that your family got together to celebrate your dad's birthday. I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as you guys did. That is such a great way to celebrate his life.

Helen said...

What a fun thing to do. It always helps to be together to get through the pain. The 1st of everything will be the hardest.
Your dad's headstone is wonderful. I really like what you guys had done.Hang in there it will get a little better as time goes by.
Love you guys!