I know that it's no the middle of August and I am still posting about July, but there is one final activity from July that I want to post about. That is the 24th of July. The town that I grew up in where my mom still lives has their annual city celebration called Fiesta Days. They do it up in style with Parades, the carnival, sidewalk sale, rodeo and Fireworks. As a family we have been celebrating right along with the town for as far back as I can remember. Sure there were a few years missed here and there but not many. This year found us on center street bright and early for the parade and fun visiting with each other and watching the kids enjoy it.
Then we always head back to my mom's house and relax and enjoy the rest of the day as we wait to light fireworks. My mom goes all out with the BBQ'ing and salads and chips and we eat and talk and play.
and then it was firework time.
It was a great day and one that everyone looks forward to every year and we alway end up with extra people but my mom doesn't seem to care. Thanks mom for putting up with us each year and feeding us, We all love you!





1 comment:
What a great holiday!!--I miss it--It's not fair that we don't get to celebrate pioneer day in Texas....
Post a Comment