Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lagoon and Overstock.com it's what fun is

Getting back to catching up. My Internet has been unstable the last little while so I have not been able to upload pictures anywhere to get them to my blog. It seems now that things are working as they should and I can get back on track again.

I have been blessed to working for an amazing company cares as much about their employees as they do their customers. Every year they shut the call center down and make arrangements for us all to go to Lagoon for a summer party. This was the 3rd year I have been and by far the best. Why you might ask? Because Overstock.com rented the entire park for it's employees, their families and a few guest. What that meant for us was no paying for parking, free food and shorter lines.



Upon entering the park we were greeted with this sign:
Nobody could get in without the special Overstock.com ticket., nobody. There were quite a few who tried and were sure they would be amount the special ones and Lagoon would let them in. It didn't happen no matter what story they concocted.
My mom goes with me. I invite everyone in the family but usually my mom and I are the only two people that end up going. It's a lot of fun and she does the rides and the park the way I do it, slowly so that we can enjoy it. Usually there are so many people here that you have to run from ride to ride to get in line as fast as you can. Not this time. We never waited more than 5 minutes for any ride.
The 1st ride we usually go on is the Tidal wave. We wasn't sure it was open cause the ride operate was talking to the operator of the swings. They were a little bored but it was This time we went on it 3-4 times consecutively. The ride operated even offered to just let us stay on and keep going. We however opted for the experience of running from one side to the other through the turn styles to get back on.

We don't go on the swings but I just wanted to show you how empty the park was. This was at about 11:30 in the morning.

Next we go on a train ride. It was empty for the most part. Just me and my mom and the conductor.


{picture of a later train}


Animals along the way

Usually we go into Pioneer park at this point and ride Rattle Snake rapids until we are soaking wet. The we walk around the old houses and look at all the old stuff and eat ice cream until we are dry. Unfortunately one of the downsides of being open for just us Pioneer Park, Rattle Snake Rapids and Lagoona beach were closed. We were able to find other stuff to amuse us. Like the Merry go Round.


My all time favorite thing on the Merry go Round is the spinning tea-cup like thing. I love to get on that and see just how fast I can get it to spin while the Merry go round goes around in circles. My mom chose the Giraffe the 1st time cause it was near by but later she chose on that went up and down.

We went on a lot of other ride before it was time for lunch. Like the terror ride and Dracula's castle. We also went on the tilt o whirl a half dozen times trying to find the spiniest car. We found it and I think all the spinning made us a little dizzy.


We walked around a bit before lunch trying to walk of the dizziness.
People played in the fountain to cool down, it wasn't really that hot but the fountain is fun.

At lunch we got a special treat and was joined by Jared. He had worked the night before and Had to work again that night but decided to come up and lunch time and spend a few hours with us. We went a few rides and played a few games. Including this one that Jared seems to be good at

So good in fact, not only did he win me this snake,

He won my mom this monkey

It was love at 1st sight.

I wanted to walk around the park with them to show off a little and during the process we decided to go on the Tidal wave while my mom watched over the winnings.


We had an icee and people watched a bit

Some more games

More rides
Met up with friends
And then decided to call it a day. Even though Lagoon would still be opened for several more hours we got there when it 1st opened so we were tired and ready to go. We had a great day and I hope they do it again next year!

No comments: