Saturday, August 14, 2010

A first.

As I have mentioned in previous posts I have had quite a busy summer. One of the reasons was because I decided to try my hand at my 1ft ever craft sale. Early in May an email went out at work asking for some input on who would be interested in becoming involved in this. I hesitated for a while but then decided why not give it try. I began working feverishly in all my spare time to get together enough cards to make it work. I had never done this before so I wasn't sure what kind of cards people were interested in. I even had a close friend of mine come out one Friday and help me.
Here I am all set up and ready to go. I chose to put the cards in baskets this time but think if I ever do it again I will display them differently.
Some of the other sellers
Here are the cards that I created this time and a learned a lot about what people like and don't like. The Christmas cards were not a top seller.
In fact I don't think I sold any,
Even the Birthday cards didn't go over well, though I sold a few
The Ballerina card was a hit and I sold of those that I made as well as the Ipod card. I think the pinwheel card was the very top selling card that I had made.
People really liked the note cards
But not so much the sympathy cards or the wedding cards.
Kids Birthday cards were a hit. The Halloween cards not so much.
People really responded to the Baby Cards as well. Especially the one with the stork. I got to orders off those ones.
All in all I did pretty well and the extra money was nice. I think I would do it again and should really start building up my supply

1 comment:

Helen said...

You went to a lot of work. They are really cute. Next time let us know so we can come and buy some.