I have now decided that I am so far behind on blogging that I am just going to do my best to stay current and then as time permits go backwards and fill in what I have missed. So on ward and upward to our 4th of July spectacular!
For the last few years Brian and Kollette and my Mom and Dad have been celebrating the 4th of July by going to Otter creek. Where they fish, camp, ride four wheelers and watch the fireworks by the lake. With the passing of my dad they decided in his honor to continue this tradition as it was his favorite trip of the year. Unfortunately this year they could not get reservations at the RV park that they usually stay at. Right there across from the lake.
For the last few years Brian and Kollette and my Mom and Dad have been celebrating the 4th of July by going to Otter creek. Where they fish, camp, ride four wheelers and watch the fireworks by the lake. With the passing of my dad they decided in his honor to continue this tradition as it was his favorite trip of the year. Unfortunately this year they could not get reservations at the RV park that they usually stay at. Right there across from the lake.
Well they found an RV park in Circlevile and on July 2nd they loaded up their trailers, four wheelers, kids, dogs, food and took off for the holiday. Jared and I had been talking about going down on the 4th for the day to fish, hang out and watch fire works. Well I had Thursday and Friday off and was just going to hang around the house on Thursday and do laundry and other such boning house work. Wednesday when I got off work Jared informed me that he had to go Page on Thursday and so we devised a plan that I would go with him when he left for Page and he would drop me off at the RV park on his way and I could stay down there Thursday night and then he would come down Friday with our dogs and then we would come home after the fireworks Friday as I had to work Saturday morning. So Brian, Kollette and my mom are down there and they have no cell service and not very good Internet. I sent an email Wednesday night but I arrived just after my mom read it Thursday morning. I was little worried about crashing their vacation, but I was very well received and we all had ball! This was my 1st vacation in over 2 years. So now that I have put you all to sleep with the boring details of the story I will share a bunch of pictures of the time we had together.
I got there pretty early in the morning so some of them were still asleep. When they finally woke up, got dressed and ate breakfast they decided to go on an ATV ride. Out came the maps and a decision was made on where to go. It was a rocky and dusty ride but we did reach the summit.
Our fearless leader consulting the map to make sure we were headed in the right direction.
Taking some time to enjoy the view
It really was breathtaking
Some desert plant life in bloom
After the ATV trek we will gathered in my mom's trailer to eat lunch, cool off and play a game of phase 10. Then it was nap time. Once everyone had taken their nap it was time to go fishing. So off to Paiute Reservoir we went. In the interest of not totally overwhelming you with with this take of my vacation I will continue my tale in a new post at a later time.





2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time, glad you got to go with them. I love the 4th of July and fireworks...
What a fun vacation! I'm glad you went after not being on a vacation for 2 years. We are glad you all had a fun time.
Post a Comment