The 4th of July 2008 literally started with a bang. So there we were all snug as a bug in rug soundly sleeping when out of no where (at 5:45) am) the bombs starting bursting in the air. It sounded like the world was under attack. They were several explosions that shook and rattled the trailer waking us all from deep slumber.
Turns out the fire department was out shooting a cannon through out the town to remind everyone one they were having a pancake breakfast at the fire station. We had our 4
th of July breakfast in my mom's trailer. Where she cooked French Toast and bacon. It is no secret that I love my mom's French toast. I don't know what is different between hers and mine but hers has always been the best.


Once the kids were all fed, cleaned and clothed

we had some time to kill so we decided to take some pictures of them through out the RV park. They were all so cute in there matching Faded Glory T's. They did not last long and were soon bored. We did manage to get some pretty cute pictures though.




After the parade we went back to the trailer and hung out bit. Finishing up the Phase 10 game we started the day before and
just acting silly


Then we went to school in town as we were told there would be a big celebration. We hung around for a little while so the kids could play but never seen anything really great happening, so back to the trailer we all went where we surprised by Jared who had finally made it.

By then it was time to have our 4
th of July "picnic" then head to the lake for some fishing and waiting for the fireworks.

While waiting for every one to get things loaded I decided that it was time for me to start fishing. Jared I went up to the RV store and I bought me a fishing pole and licence. We then had everything ready and headed back to Otter creek. Because I had to work the next day and we knew it would be late once the fireworks were over I packed all of my stuff and loaded it in our truck so we could leave from the lake. One more post to go and the my story of the 4h will be complete. Stay tuned..............................
3 comments:
Those pictures of the kids are so cute. I love the black and white! How fun to go to the parade and have all of it close by.
Looks like you had a great vacation! I've never been camping over the 4th but I guess it probably would be really loud but it would be fun to see some of the small town parades and what they come up with! I love the black and whites of the kids they are such cuties in their matching shirts!
congrats on the intro to the world of fishing! I actually enjoy it very much but poor Clayton gets stuck getting my pole ready and then baiting it etc and then he never has time to fish hahaha!
That looks like SO much fun. I miss parades and all the fun excitement. Sounds like you all had a great time. BTW: Mom's french toast is better because...It's moms. Mom always makes the best meals.
Post a Comment