Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday!


On Saturday the 11th we gathered at my mom's for chili and cake to celebrate her birthday.
Kollette made this really good cake.

I think those are tears of joy.
Eeyore is her favorite
I thought that a few reasons as to why I love my mom. I have seen it on other blogs where the post as many reasons as the age of the person and I know I could come up with 64 reasons but that would be more like novel. So I have added 6 and 4 together to get 10 and will post the top 10 reason why I love my mom.
1. She has generously donated the use of car to me for several weeks this summer while my car has been in the shop.
2. She is my best friend.
3. She always supports the decisions I make (even if she thinks there wrong).
4. She put up with me through my teenage years.
5. She is always there for me when I need someone to talk to.
6. She taught me many lessons while growing up that have made me the person I am today.
7. She allowed me to make my own mistakes and was there to dry my tears when I made them
8. She makes the best french toast.
9. She can tell over the phone that I'm upset about something, even when I think I'm hiding it.
10. She taught me to love books.
My mom I truly hope that you had a Happy Birthday. I love you and you mean the world to me.



3 comments:

Lynne said...

Ok now what do you want
love you to

Chelsey said...

We hope she had a great day. She is lucky to have you guys too!

Hacking it up said...

What a nice tribute to your mom!! Hope she had a great day!! She deserves it!!!

She's lucky to have you! :)