Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!

For those who don't know me well.... card making is my all time favorite hobby. So much so that once I get started I have been know to lose focus on everything else around me. Luckily I have a very understanding husband who supports what I do. So I excited to wake up and find that today is World card making day. It is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to:
Celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family, and to kick off (and get a head start on) the holiday card-making season. This day comes the 1st Saturday in October every year kicking off the holiday card-making season, the most popular time for creating and sharing handmade greetings. This day is celebrated by the card-making community worldwide, including hobbyists, beginning card makers, manufacturers of card-making products, retail sellers of products, educators, and press. World card making day is a day to connect with fellow card makers both near and far, to applaud the creativity that powers the craft, and to provide an opportunity for card makers to connect and find resources that will empower, inspire, and encourage them in their card making. For those of you who frequent my blog and maybe fellow card makers as well you can go to this site http://www.worldcardmakingday.com/ to learn more about World card making day and activities that you can participate in to help celebrate. Or if you need inspiration you can click on this link http://www.worldcardmakingday.com/share/.
Once upon a time a made cards for every Holiday and sent them out to family and friends. This year has been a little weird and I am lucky if I can get a Birthday card out in time. I am going to spend the day making my holidays cards but thought I would also share with you some of the cards I have recently made. You can view them on line here: http://picasaweb.google.com/happyhugger/Cards?authkey=FSEpRuXmgxo#

3 comments:

Helen said...

I don't want to make them I want you to make them for me. I love the ones I won at the family reunion. I've used all the birthday cards.

Chelsey said...

How fun. You have the most awesome talents for creativity.

Hacking it up said...

You are so creative and talented!! I Love Love Love those Baby shower cards!!! Those must have taken forever!