Monday, February 23, 2009

Wedding Cards

As the news of Kacey and Kim's upcoming nuptials spread through the family I knew I needed to get on the ball and get a card made for them. I had a little over a week and I like to procrastinate as long as I can. This time though there was not enough time for delaying the inevitable and I had a three day weekend so it was the best time to get started.
I got an idea to use my Happily Ever Cartridge with Cinderella and Prince Charming and make a cute little scene they could frame. Well in order to make it work it had to be larger than any card would really be. So I decided that if I was going to make it so they could frame it, I might as well just frame it myself and make it their gift. Once I got the scene all laid out I needed a picture frame so Jared and I went shopping for just the right frame. Luckily it didn't take long and here is my final result.
So I spent all day Sunday and part of Monday creating the gift I decided to wait until Tuesday to make the card. I had an idea in mind from my new Wild Card Cartridge but could not find just the right paper to pull off. Tuesday afternoon found me in my new favorite store (see Valentine's Post) searching for paper. I had a whole bunch in my hand but decided rather than buy every piece to pick one and some embellishments and make them work, along with whatever was in my stash.
See the below picture for what I came home with. I really only bought the flowers the one printed piece of paper and the white shiney one behind the black. Since I have tons of black paper. With these in hand, I set out to create what was in my head.
I really only bought the flowers the one printed piece of paper and the white shiny one behind the black. Since I have tons of black paper. With these in hand, I set out to create what was in my head.
After a little cutting, some gluing and a bit of cussing, this was the final result.
Now finished it measured 11.5 by 6 and though I tried I could not find and envelope to fit it. So I had to modify a a manila envelope to make a template that was then cut out of poster board. The poster board looked tacky so I modge podged tissue paper over it and added the bride and groom die cut, their names and some flowers.

2 comments:

Helen said...

You are really amazing with the cards. I love what you do.

Hacking it up said...

As usual, you SHINE when it comes to cards! SO TALENTED!!!