As hard it was to believe that Kaitlyn turned 8 in January, it is really unbelievable that my little Anni gator (AKA Cheyenne) is now 12. Today is her birthday. We all got together on Saturday to celebrate but I wanted to take a minute and wish her a Happy Birthday. She is really turning into a beautiful young woman and though we love to tease her, Jared and I are so glad that she is part of our family. We have shared many special memories over the years, from the Blues clues play d'oh to loving me this "ittle much" we hope to make many more fun memories with her in the coming years. Happy Birthday Cheyenna McGee. We Love You!
So let the celebration begin. No birthday is complete without gifts. So here are the three we gave her, plus the card I made. You will have to wait a little while in the post to see what is inside those packages (and no peeking)
We were treated to a barbecue dinner with hamburgers, chips, salads and veggies.
Of course there has to be a picture of someone eating!
Just posing
The 1st present was from her Grandma Karma and Grandpa Dennis
Presents from her family. Bottles to collect sand in from all her various trips
A nice skirt, since she will now be in Young Women's
and some pants, just because
Her basketball that she asked for. One of the presents from Jared and I. really mostly a joke.
A bling designing kit
Grandma Lynne super surprised her with this rag quilt made from some of Grandpa Reid's shirts
It was the hit of the party! I see this wrapped around her and I can picture my dad being there, to give her a big birthday hug, wearing that exact blue plaid shirt.
Make a wish
Keep wishing
Now blow out the candles





4 comments:
Happy Birthday! What fun presents! I really love the quilt! It looks so soft and it had a special meaning.
Happy Birthday Cheyenne. I thought of her on that as I was thinking about my father and how they share that day. Love the quilt and I'm sure she will treasure it always.
Happy Birthday Cheyenne, it seems like only yesterday you were born, time does fly, what a cool gift a rag quilt of Reids shirts. Looks like you guys have a fine time together, I am sure Reid is looking down is very pleased with his family. Love ya.
What a cute girl! Looks like she had a great birthday!!! I LOVE the quilt!! What a treasure!ketria
Post a Comment