Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jared-Opoly

This is in response to Angie's post about collections. Since we just moved and I am really bad when it comes to unpacking quickly most of my collectibles are still in boxes. I thought I would share one of Jared's collections with you. So here you go... for some unknown reason he loves to collect Monopoly games. I can think of only one time we have ever played Monopoly and that was before we were even married. Jared, my mom and I played it one Saturday afternoon followed by a trip to JB's for dessert.
This is the vintage Edition he just got for Christmas. It has a very nice case and all the pieces are wooden and the cards have that vintage look to it.
Looney Tunes Edition.

The Millennium Edition in a nice tin case

Las Vegas Edition.


A Deluxe Edition. Not sure how this differs from all the others

The 70th Anniversary Edition. Also stored in a nice collectors tin

Disney Edition. Now this one had me curious so I had to check out. Instead of buying and selling property it is Disney Characters you buy such as Dumbo and Aladdin's rug. May even be worth playing a game just to see all the cute Disney Characters.

5 comments:

Littletime said...

Nice collections, kinda like Bill and his Fire Trucks, I can't think of one time we play with his fire trucks, so you got one up on us..

Unknown said...

That's a really cool collection! I too like the Disney one I think that would be fun...makes me really want to go play monopoly..in fact I think I'll dig ours out of the closet tonight :)

Chelsey said...

That is an interesting collection! Way fun, I love playing Monopoly!

Hacking it up said...

WOW! You've got a plethera of Monopoly games!! Nice collection! I always lose at that game.... :(

Helen said...

I won't play Monopoly with Doug. I beat him once and I am not giving him the chance to win.