Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Final Farewell

I started this a week ago yesterday but it has been hard to complete, almost as if completing this would mean I would have to let go of him and for that I am not quite ready. This is my final farewell to a great man, a man that I was lucky enough to call my Dad. He is my inspiration and I will love and cherish every moment we spent together. I love you Dad! (These are the lyrics to a song by Brad Paisley, the song is titled When I get where I'm going.)

When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky.

The first thing that I'm gonna do Is spread my wings and fly.
I'm gonna land beside a lion, and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's like To ride a drop of rain
Yeah when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles, I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open, I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going, Don't cry for me down here.
I'm gonna walk with my granddaddy, and he'll match me step for step, and I'll tell him how I missed him, every minute since he left. Then I'll hug his neck.
Yeah when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles, I have carried all these years.

And I'll leave my heart wide open, I will love and have no fearYeah when I get where I'm going, Don't cry for me down here.
So much pain and so much darkness, in this world we stumble through. All these questions, I can't answer, so much work to do.

But when I get where I'm going, and I see my Maker's face. I'll stand forever in the light, of His amazing grace.
Yeah when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears

Hallelujah I will love and have no fear When I get where I'm going Yeah when I get where I'm going

6 comments:

Helen said...

Way to make me cry. I love what you put. A nice tribute to your Dad and I know he had happy reunions. The ones left behind are sad but he is happy and I know without a doubt that we will see him again and be with him. Always remember the good things that he taught you .
Love you

Hacking it up said...

What a beautiful tribute! I love that song by Brad Paisley..how perfect. i totally bawled all through that. Your dad was a great man. He will be missed, but we will all be together again! Love to you and your family

Littletime said...

What a great tribute to your dad and my brother, he will be greatly missed, and now I am bawling at work. You were luckly to have so many great time with him and he was luckly to have such devoted and good kids to support him. I love you all.

TheSainOnes said...

What a tribute to a GREAT man. Just try to remember all the happy times you had with your Dad.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful way to remember your dad. Thank you for sharing it will all of us!

Chelsey said...

That is beautiful Cammie. What a wonderful way to show your love for your dad. I'm totally bauling just like everyone else who read it. We will miss him. We love you guys!