Friday, June 20, 2008

Lagoon


Today my work held their annual employee appreciation day at Lagoon. My mom and I went. Jared would have went too but he had to work. I am sure that most of those who read my blog are familiar with Lagoon and what it is all about. Today's trip was walk down memory for me as well a fun filled summer day with my mom. Flash back now to my growing up years. We went to Lagoon at least once every summer and my dad always made this a very special day. It usually began the night before with the announce,ent that we needed to get to bed early because the next day we were going to Disneyland. Why he refereed to it as Disneyland was beyond me. We would get up early that morning, before the sun even came up (maybe not that early but that is how I remember it in my mind) and he and my mom would load blankett into the back of the truck so we could curl up and sleep while on the way to land of Wild Mice and Roller Coasters. Once in the park my dad would only go on certain rides. One of the those being the log flume. I remember I always loved to sit in his lap as we went on this ride because he wrap is arms tightly around me I knew that even though it felt like I would go flying out would not let that happen to me. That in his arms I would always be safe. Today as I went on the log flume with my mom for a brief moment as we crested the top of the ride I felt like that little girl again. I felt his arms around me as we came shooting down the flume in our log like vessel, and I knew that even though there will be tough times ahead as we mourn his passing, my dad will always be there with his arms around me making sure everything is okay. I Love you Dad and I miss you

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I think one of the MANY great gifts Heavenly Father has given us is our memories. What would life be like without them. I wish I could've been there with the family to say goodbye to my uncle. My thoughts were with you.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! How great a gift those special moments are so that you can always remember your dad. We missed you at the reunion!

Chelsey said...

That is so special. He will be missed very much by everyone. I'm glad you guys could spend the day together and remember moments with him.

Littletime said...

What great memories of your dad, he always did makes thing fun and special, even growing up with him he always had something up his sleeve. Glad that we have memories and time to reflect upon life how fragile it really is and to take advantage of each day with our loved ones.

Helen said...

Memories are what keeps us going sometimes.He did have a way of making things fun. I'm glad you and your mother had fun.
Keep having fun and keep those memories alive.

Hacking it up said...

Love that! Memories are truly a blessing! I know you've got lots of great memories with your dad!! That picture from Lagoon is so cool!!