As I have mentioned in previous posts Gage graduated from Uintah High School on the 29th of May and Me and mom and Brian and Kollette and family went to Vernal to spend a few hours with him and then attend graduation. We had a great time and of course I took lots of pictures which I later accidentally deleted. I did get them all back eventually but I was really upset. Anyway before I share a lot of the pictures I wanted to share an experience or two we had that night.
Gage is the 1st of the grand kids to graduate so it was a very special experience. He was one of grandpa's boy and I know he would have love to have been there to help celebrate this event. Unfortunately he was called to heaven before Gage had a chance to walk across the stage. May 29th would have been my mom and dad's 44th wedding Anniversary. Okay, to get on with my story from the night. As we sat there in the bleachers listening to the speakers and musical numbers watching the graduate contemplate on what lay ahead the skies looked like at any moment they would break open and we would be rained out.
Although it looked ominous nary a drop of rain fell from the sky until Gages name was announced he began the walk across the field to get his diploma. At that moment just a few gentle drops fell from the sky like tears. I asked my mom if she felt that as a held out my hand. I told her Grandpa is so proud of Gage and wants us all to know and that even though we can't see him he is there now and forever watching over us. It reminded me of an old country song by Collin Raye that goes something like this: (though I changed the words a bit)There's holes in the floor of Heaven, And his tears are pouring down. That's how I know he's watching, Wishing he could be here now. An' sometimes when I'm lonely,I remember he can see. There's holes in the floor of Heaven, And he's watching over you and me.
Of course that invoked memories of my primary and the story of the little boy whose mom was his best friend and she passed away leaving him with this song:
Of course that invoked memories of my primary and the story of the little boy whose mom was his best friend and she passed away leaving him with this song:
I'll build you a rainbow, way up high above. Send down a sunbeam, plumb full of love. Sprinkle down raindrops, teardrops of joy. I'll be happy in heaven, watchin' over my boy.
It was a very emotional night and we are so proud of Gage for the young man is has become.
I will share pictures of his graduation and the party we had for him at Wingers in the next couple of days










No comments:
Post a Comment