Some times life you have to something so out of the ordinary and that is just what my mom and I did on Sunday. Her sister was having a Halloween party of sorts where you bring your pumpkins carve them and roast hot dogs so we decided to go. What makes this out of the ordinary you may ask, her sisters live in Vernal and we wanted to surprise them. So bright and early we loaded the car with pumpkins, paints and carving tools and away we went. We got there a little early and just as Gage was getting out of church, so we met him at Smith's and drove around the area looking for interesting pictures to take. Love these two pictures
We arrived and what a surprise it was, despite what her sisters were saying. We roasted hot dogs and then got straight to the pumpkins
Young and old gathered on the grass to gut the pumpkins and begin carving them
Or in my mom's case paint them
Of course painting is easy and she was the 1st one done.
Oh his aching head....
The weather was nice which was good considering how it was Saturday afternoon, I was worried that once we drove the 3.5 hours to get there the weather would be icky and we would have to miss the fun
Toward the end of our time there it started to get a little chilly so we gathered around the fire to keep warm
I took some random pictures of the flames
All in all we had a great time, at least I know I did, not so sure about Gage and my mom. It was really nice to get to spend some time with Gage as I don't get much and he will be leaving soon to go on his mission. It has been a great Birthday week thus far and have I mentioned how much I love fall. There is so much to do and it is not super hot outside so you can really enjoy it. I hope you are all out enjoying this nice fall.





1 comment:
What a fun thing to do!!! I like the idea of doing them outside on the grass...less mess in the kitchen...gonna have to try that!
Post a Comment