Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween has arrived

Finally Halloween has a rrived at my house! I know what your thinking "She's a little off her rocker cause it's the 23rd of October and Halloween arrived way back the end of September" Well for me I will take what I can get. Life got a littel hectic and just when I htought it was starting to calm down WHAM! another unexpected detour in the road of life. Enjoy this picture and then I will explain.
Posted by Picasa

Okay nice huh?
So here is my update. In August I was asked to be captian of a committe at work to plan Customer Service Week. Customer service week is a celebration of the customer service agents around the world and Overstock.com does up big. So August was slow planning and I got through the 1st part of September, then wham, it seemed like I was living and breathing customer service week planning. We wanted to go big cause after all Overstock was also celebrating their 10th Anniversary. This had to be awesome. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. We pulled it off too. Everyone said it was the best ever. That was the week of the 5th and ended on the 9th. On the 8th my computer died. I got the blue screen of death. Jared took it to Best Buy to see if it was fixable and it wasn't. Dang thing wasn't even 2 yeas old. Good news is the hard drive is still okay so all my stuff is safe. Of course we then had to start looking for a new computer and with Windows 7 coming out no electronic store carried anything. We did find one at Costco and we get a free upgrade to Windows 7. I have been reading and I think I will to a clean install so I have not installed anything on this one yet. So that get's us to the beginning of this week. Tuesday I was following Jared as we both left for work. We get about a mile from the house and he pulls over. The truck had died. He can't get it started so I take him to work and pick him as he is sure it is one thing. We stop and the auto store to get the part and I drop him off and come home. I ended up being a tool runner that night and he still can't get it going. Brian stops by on his way home from work and we get him to help tow it home. Wednesday I take him to work again and pick him and it's back to the Auto parts store for something else. He worked all Wednesday night to get it fixed but stops at 8:30 cause we have to get up early and have not had dinner. 10:00 rolls around and we are just barely getting to bed. Thursday I take him to work and then pick him up. Had to wait from 3:30 to almost 6:00 before he get's off and we head home. He is still out there right now trying to fix it and its 7:30. We also celebrated my mom's 65th birthday on the 11th and I missed posting her a Habbpy Birthday on my Blog. So Happy Birthday mom. Ruby turned one on the 16th so Happy Birthday to her. I am hoping after this weekeend things slow down a bit before Thanksgiving/Christmas. I think I am going right from Halloween to Christmas at least my tree would be up before New Years right? I am hoping to keep up on my blog a little better as well. P.S. There is no spell check on this machine yet so be nice :)

2 comments:

Larsen Ledger said...

Your house looks cute. I hope things slow down for you soon. See you Saterday.

Hacking it up said...

yikes!! Cute decorations!!--hope things get better!!!...candy makes everything better1 :)