Friday, April 9, 2010

Blog-Cation

I took a small vacation from my blog (a blog cation) to enjoy some of the other things I like to do besides sitting at the computer. Also blogging about sitting at the computer can be a little boring so I had to make some fun memories to blog about. In this case the memories are in the form of making cards. I don't think it's any secret that this is something that I really enjoy doing. Sometimes I get a creative block but when I get over it I really go to town. Most of these cards were made with the my Cricut Expression and various cartridges. I added some new ones to my collection so I a fresh outlook. Enjoy:
Birthday card for my BF Isabel. I love the colors on this one.

Made this one for a co-worker. Loved the look of the brown and pink ribbon on the other card so I had to find some to match this one.

Made for another co-worker and friend of mine. This one was late, but still the sentiment was the same.

I loved the previous card so much I duplicated in miniature for a card swap I joined. I loved the paper too!

Ice cream anyone? These were also made for a swap I was in. I went crazy and made 4 cards all together for this swap. I felt bad for sending it out late (getting to see the trend here) so I hooked the ladies up.
I loved this card that I found on one of the web boards I stock. I had to recreate it. Even went and bought the punch to make it. Usually I try it use what I have but I loved the look of the border punch. Never found the actual one that was used on the card I got the idea from. This was the main attraction in my swap contribution.

Just a little butterfly tuck card I made for the swap

This one was made for another work BF. She loves princess' and Cinderella is her favorite. The Disney Princess' cartridges for the Cricut are a little trick to work with when cut out small. The mouth and eyes on this one are a little messed up. Still cute though. I had to recreate the background paper by scanning a little piece I had cause I couldn't find a bigger piece and really wanted it for the card.

This was a small little birthday card I made for a co-worker friend of mine. I really want to make a bunch if little cards like this to have on hand for birthdays around the office. Just a little pick me up type card that says Happy Birthday!
So that is a little of what I have been up to the last almost month. I have more to post as I get more time. Work has been busy and by the time I get home (even though it's only 3:30 pm) I am worn out and don't want to do anything. I am hoping as it warms up my energy level will increase. I can hope right? Until next time......

No comments: