One year ago today we gathered as a family whole, for the last time here on this earth. We sat and watched as our husband, father and grandfather slipped from this earth into eternal rest. This last year as been difficult at best as the dynamics of our family shifted. We struggled each one of us in our own ways to come to terms with the passing of man so loved. We made new memories and reminisced on the old. Not being good at poetry I searched for words to express how I have felt. I stumbled across this poem on the internet written by Heather Hamilton of Calgary, Alberta Canada
Once In A While
Once in a while A day comes along. I see the twinkle in your eyes And I hear you whistle a happy song.
Once in a while I close my eyes And think back to when I was wee To some of the happiest days of my life When I sat up high on my daddy’s knee.
Once in a while I see that proud look on your face When I need someone to cheer me up I long for your loving embrace
Once in a while I close my eyes And pray to have you back again To see you happy and healthy Like you were a way back when
Once in a while I sit alone in my room and cry I wasn’t ready to let you go yet Dad It was just too soon to say good-bye
Once in a while I close my eyes And I know that you are near I clearly hear your voice call me And I feel you wipe away my tears
Once in a while I imagine you will be home soon I watch for the door to open From the morning sun until the evening moon
Once in a while I close my eyes And reminisce of all the times we had When people ask me what is on my mind I tell them “I miss my dad”
There will come a day I’ll be with you again and I can smile Until that moment comes Every second of each day will be my Once In A While
Once In A While
Once in a while A day comes along. I see the twinkle in your eyes And I hear you whistle a happy song.
Once in a while I close my eyes And think back to when I was wee To some of the happiest days of my life When I sat up high on my daddy’s knee.
Once in a while I see that proud look on your face When I need someone to cheer me up I long for your loving embrace
Once in a while I close my eyes And pray to have you back again To see you happy and healthy Like you were a way back when
Once in a while I sit alone in my room and cry I wasn’t ready to let you go yet Dad It was just too soon to say good-bye
Once in a while I close my eyes And I know that you are near I clearly hear your voice call me And I feel you wipe away my tears
Once in a while I imagine you will be home soon I watch for the door to open From the morning sun until the evening moon
Once in a while I close my eyes And reminisce of all the times we had When people ask me what is on my mind I tell them “I miss my dad”
There will come a day I’ll be with you again and I can smile Until that moment comes Every second of each day will be my Once In A While
I miss you dad and look forward to the day when our fmaily can be whole again. I love you and not one day goes by that I don't think about you. Tell we meet again. Love your baby girl!





1 comment:
It was a sad day that he was taken from this earthly life. How lucky he is to have a family like yours. I love all the stuff that is at his grave site. You can tell he is loved. I miss him to.
Post a Comment