Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Original Scrapbook Usa




Kollette and I along with Cheyenne and Kaitlyn went to the Scrapbook Expo at the South Towne Expo center Friday night. Kollette and I have both been going to this event for quite some time. It is held twice a year in the Spring and in the fall. The last few times though it has fallen at the same time that Kollette and Brian had planned trips out of town so Jared has stepped up and went with me. Yes it has been very nice of him but (even though when he goes he let's me get everything I want) it is just not the same as when I go with Kollette and the girls. We have often invited my mom but it is not something she enjoys so she opts out. Times before we have known and planned well in advance for this occasion but some how it just crept up on us and we had to struggle to find the best to go. Friday night worked out best for us and the Expo is open until midnight so even though we did not get there until 6 pm we had plenty of time to shop, talk and participate in quite a few make and takes. Like all the times before this is one event I have never taken my camera to. This time though I had my cell phone camera so I was able to capture a few moments. I just wish I would have remembered that I had it when Kaitlyn was playing musical chairs with grown woman fighting for prizes. It was quite funny and even though she didn't win they were gracious enough to give her a prize and she made everyone smile. The shopping was great an we got a few really good deals and lots of ideas. We do half of the show and then go out to eat and then finish the other side. I got a new Cricut cartridge, a replacement mat and some cuttlebug folders. Kollette got stickers, paper, journals, boardbook kits and more paper. We really do have a great time together and I am glad she was able to join me this time.

Working on a Make and Take sponsored by Archivers. The girl was really good to work with and help Kaitlyn

My finished version of the Card that they were doing

Kaitlyn, Kollette and Cheyenne working on the Skeleton tag

Another Make and Take and some crazy shoppers fighting over a bargain.

1 comment:

Helen said...

How fun. I want to go there but it seems everytime they have it I'm gone.