Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rescue Me

Okay so I could not have a post of my Mr Fix and not recognize my Mrs Fix it. The story goes like this. I came out of work to find my car has no power. Won't start or do anything. Jared is in Page on his way home but it would be hours before he made it. I found someone (just driving around) to jump the battery so I could make it home. All the while trying to diagnose the problem over the phone with Jared so he would now what the problem so when he got home he could fix. Not even thinking to stop at Checker Auto and let them Diagnose the problem. Jared was a little frustrated because I was a lot frustrated. Finally he sends me text and tells me to go to Checker and get a battery and then he will put it. That is where Kollette comes in to the story. I called her (cause I needed I ride to Checker) and she immediately knows something is wrong. I explain the situation and she jumps into action. It wasn't long before we were sitting at Checker discussing batteries with the very helpful salesman all the while trying to deal with 2 very bored children (did I mention that I think Kollette is amazing? Maybe it's a mommy thing that she can multitask so well.) Anyway back in the car and own our way home Jared calls to see if were able to get the battery and tells me that not only will he be home late he has to get up early the next day. So Kollette and I discuss installing the battery ourselves. I am sure it is not that hard of task but when (like me) you know nothing about cars it could prove to be tricky. Kollette thinks she can do it because she has watched and helped Brian change the batteries in their trailer. It should not be much different. So we get to my house and sure enough with all the right tools and a little wiggling (of internal car parts)Kollette had the old battery out and the new one in. I ht ink it took her less than 15 minutes. Turning that time I had the task of entertaining her children. Not to hard with a coloring book and some crayons. Thank you Kollette so much for helping me out. I don't know what I would do with out you.



1 comment:

Hacking it up said...

Kollette rocks the world!!!You guys are so great at taking care of each other!