Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Dad!




There is no ice cream, no cake, no presents to be had
just a silent birthday wish for my Dad
Happy Birthday to my Father
There are no candles, no flowers
not on this day nor this hour,
just a teary-eyed birthday wish for my Father
Happy Birthday to my Dad
There are no noise makers, or streamers
just a room with one dreamer, lonely and sad
with a tear in my eye and a song in my heart
a simple birthday wish for my dad!
I miss you and love you with all of my heart and not a day goes by that I don't think about you. I know you are well and whole so I cannot wish you back here to suffer that again. Happy Birthday and I will see you on the otherside

4 comments:

Littletime said...

That was such a sweet poem , I bet you wrote it yourself. I thought about Reid all day yesterday. I really miss him and his sense of humor... Love ya

Chelsey said...

Sweet tribute to your dad; we still think about him all the time.

TheSainOnes said...

I love it you are such a good daughter.. Happy Birthday
Uncle Reid!!

Hacking it up said...

Did you write that?--It's perfect! I love those pics of your dad too! He's very missed and very loved!