Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

To no one really in particular. This was just the outcome of a challenge I made myself to complete 10 Birthday cards in 5 days. About a week before our family reunion I had nothing for the raffle and really no money to go out and buy anything. So I decided to make a set of birthday cards and I only had about 5 days to it. Kay, so perhaps you are saying to yourself 10 cards no biggie. Except I work outside of the home and leave at 4:30 am and arrive home at 3:45 in the afternoon. So anything I did had to be done between the few free hours of getting home and going to bed so I can get up by 3:30 am. I wanted to make nice cards too not just some easy thrown together things and then I decided I might as well make two of each so it ended up being 20. There were times when I wasn't certain I could do it but at 11:30 pm on Friday I tied the ribbon on the box and called it good. Here are the fruits of my labor:
I really wanted to make a nice box for display and had all the material or so I though untill I got home and discovered the box wasn't big enough. I had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart about 15 minutes away to find some way to display them. All I could find was shrinkable plastic for baskets so it had to do














No comments: